Friday, November 04, 2005

This week has been good fun.......

- First I saw "Mein, Meri Patni aur Woh" alongwith Amit Sinha......its a very cute movie. Mithilesh Shukla (Rajpal Yadav) is a librarian in Lucknow University(that might get Rohit interested!)......he is not yet married and infact, never intends to get married. The reason.....his height or rather the lack of it! ........Then after a lot of pressure from his mother, he finally decides to go to Bareilly along with his Mama and see the girl.....The girl, Veena(played by beautiful Bengali actress Rituparno Sengupta) likes the simplicity and intelligence of Mithilesh and to his surprise agrees to get married to him......then they get married and there the real fun begins.....Mithilesh has this huge inferiority complex due to his height......he gets his scooter seat adjusted so that he looks taller than Veena......then he cajoles his friend Saleem to get him to agree to become his wife's Rakhi brother (b'cos he fears that Saleem is becoming too friendly with Veena).....then to his utter dismay....Veena's old friend Akash (Kay Kay Menon) enters their life......Then follows Mithilesh's quandary......he is totally shattered.....the rest of the film concentrates on setting the house in order, in typical Bollywood ishtyle! Overall, a decent fare.

- For Diwali, I went to Dheeraj's house.....we had a nice lunch(shavige bath etc.).......then in the evening Rajani and I decided to celebrate Diwali in our own way.....we went to CMH Road and bought 10 Diyas, a pack of wicks and til oil.....we came back home lit the diyas....it was such a satisfying experience.....To add to the fun.....Sampi uncle offered to burst some firecrackers along with his daughters.....Rajani and I were more than happy to join them......Sampi uncle also sent us some home made sweets....so generous of him! (Oh...I forgot to tell you guys that it was in return of chocolates which we offered his daughters!). Then Rohit came back from Mysore and had bought Kesari Bath (the real one, not Sheera)....hmm...it was yum! All in all.....a great day!


- I finished reading "One Night at call center" . In the true Chetan Bhagat style, this one is a pure entertainer just like his earlier book. Though it did not have any great literary value...a pukka paisa vasool is what I would call it.....Currently I am reading Amy Tan's "The Joyluck Club"....its been really interesting till now.....hope it ends the same way.

- Saw yet another movie "Garam Masala" with Pradeep. Yet another time-pass comedy by Priyadarshan....though not in the same league as "Hera Pheri"....a laugh riot neverthless..

A great week it has been till now......hope the weekend is fun too!

1 comment:

Sandeep said...

Rajit,

Well if my blog is helping you to stay connected, then blogging is really worth it.....

I seriously don't know why I blog....but it gives me a lot of satisfaction and also gives an insight into how I actually view life and other issues....when I find that I am not able to write about a certain thing, it means that I dont really know much about it....so its an input to me that I should improve my knowledge in that particular area.

And I definitely hope to keep it going....!

Sandeep.