Saturday, October 29, 2005

Well ....here are some poems that I had written during my days of glory (on the hindsight....was it my road to perdition????)

If You Are
If you are a dream
Then let me sleep
And never wake.

If you are a mirage
Then let me stay
In my madness.

If you are a song
Then press repeat
And never ever end.

If you are a game
Challenge me more
And let me win.

If you are light
Keep shining
And lead me out.

If you are a storm
Bring in the wind
And sweep me off my feet.

If you are a picture
Then hang on my wall
And let me look at you forever.

If you are a colour
Please be white
Pure and clean as the snow.

If you are a lie
Then trick me forever
And hide the truth.

Whatever you are
And whoever you are
Just be there
Now and forever.

Feelings
You make me smile when I’m blue
When you are not near me, I only think of you
Everything would be perfect if you felt it too
But you don’t and there is nothing I can do
I will just sit and wait until it’s all through
But my mind can’t think of anyone new
This isn’t fun and this isn’t right
But I know its not over, not yet, not tonight
And later you’ll be gone and completely out of sight
But I know I’ll still feel the way that I do
And nothing will change because of you
Before you leave and go away
There’s something I need to do and say
But it won’t matter because you don’t care
I just don’t understand, it really isn’t fair
All I need is just one last kiss
To know I will be the one you will miss
But it won’t happen, I never thought it would
I just wish that one time that it could.

Take My Hand
You slowly came into my life
And I suddenly began to fall
How could I have fallen so fast?
Not knowing you at all
I never thought I'd fall so hard
Or that I'd fall so deep
I never thought I'd dream of you
When I drifted off to sleep
I've waited for so long
To find a woman like you
And now that you're here
It seems too good to be true
Now I stand in front of you
With my heart out on my sleeve
Wishing you'd open up your heart
And share your life with me
I want to be held close
Within your warm embrace
I want to smile everyday
At the sight of your precious face
I want to laugh with you
Smile....and even cry
I know who you are
And what goes on inside
If you can look deep inside
And give to me your heart
I promise I'll never hurt you
I'll never break you apart
This may seem hard
For you to understand
But I'll show you all the love I have
Just come and take my hand.



2 comments:

Nitin said...

Atlast,
I thought you would never post these !!!!. Thanks really :), lovely they are......already conveyed long before.
Love,
Nitin

Rajani said...

Good ones, Sandy. I especially liked the first one. It's nice to know that one can feel that way for another person.